Looking at Retirement Options?
Hi friends, this is Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
When Patricia and I visited Lake Chapala, Mexico about 16 years ago we knew right away that we wanted to live here. Why ?
Lots of Friendly People, Great Weather, Relaxed Atmosphere & More
We were taken by the warmth of both the foreign community here and the hospitality and acceptance by Mexican people.
The easy going relaxed atmosphere, the year around sunny, but not hot wonderful weather, and the flowering trees and lush gardens everywhere made us feel as if we had discovered our very own Garden of Eden (without the snake).
Very Affordable Prices (Pensions Go a Long Way Here)
We looked behind the walls and discovered the absolutely gorgeous homes at reasonable prices, given the hand constructed solid as a rock building methods used, and we made up our mind this was the place for us.
The wonderful restaurants, the giving back attitude of the expatriate community, coupled with what were almost unbelievably low prices for almost anything not imported made us realize that when I retired, my police officer’s pension would go a lot farther here… and it still does.
A Healthy Lifestyle Comes Naturally Here!
The high quality fresh fruit and vegetables here in our markets, the fresh clean mountain air, and the near perfect year around weather nourish our bodies… while the sweet spirit of the people, beautiful lake and mountain vistas, and eternally blooming trees and flowers …nourish our souls.
Do You Want a Better, More Fulfilled Lifestyle?
Foreigners from all over the world have been coming to the stimulating international environment of Lake Chapala for many years. The area is well suited for retirees and their needs, like affordable health care, high-speed internet, and lots of fun activities. A recent news article stated that in the Mexican State of Jalisco (The Lake Chapala Area) almost 23,000 registered Americans, 3400 Canadians, and over 6,500 Europeans call our area home.
Are You Waiting On God ?
The “retirees” I know here (and I know a lot of them in the business I’m in) did not come here to “Wait on God” like the actors in the old British comedy show, “Waiting on God” . No, we came here to celebrate the life we have to the fullest extent possible.
Imagine Yourself Living the Good Life!
You can share in our happiness here at Lake Chapala.
You are in control of your life. Not the government, not your kids, and not discouraging friends. Join us in our willingness to reach out, to think out of the box a little, and take action to design your new life. Take action to design a new, better life here at Lake Chapala, Mexico. You can do it. We can help.
You’ve already taken the first step by reaching this website. Now, take the next step and plan a “check us out trip” today to see firsthand just what Lake Chapala is all about. Don’t delay. Our secret is getting out.
This has been Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
Your personal guide of discovery,
I’ll leave the light on for you !
Life in Mexico
Hi Everyone, I get lots of questions via e mail everyday. First Thanks to everyone... More »
Come with me along the Lake Chapala Malecon for a gorgious sunset stroll. Tu amigo,... More »
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy showing off Lake Chapala to potential home buyers with... More »
Chapala and Ajijic News
Hi Everyone, Well it’s that time of the year again. Time for folks who love Chili... More »
No, this article is not off color, but it does have to do a lot with color. In this... More »
Hi Everyone, From time to time I add article I come across from my many blog ... More »
Hi Everyone, More and more of my clients are looking for properties at under $150,000,... More »
Hi Everyone, Let me tell you the Reader’s Digest version of when I said, Enough,... More »
Travel and Fun
Hi Everyone. WOW! It’s been 8 years since ChapalaClub.com opened shop. Time... More »
“Dear Sid, We ‘re back home in Texas now and I wanted to tell you about our... More »
Chapala Area Videos
Hi Everyone, Click the link below to see a little... More »
Chapala Club Email Updates
Sign up to receive articles, tips, breaking news and updates. Be a part of our community!
Email for more information:
Latest Club Posts
- Your Lake Chapala – Ajijic Questions Answered
- Yes, We have an English Language Lending Library at Lake Chapala
- Beautiful Lake Chapala Ajijic Mexico
- International Health Insurance at Lake Chapala Ajijic, Mexico
- Strolling with Sid on the Lake Chapala Malecon Boardwalk
- Valentine’s Day at Lake Chapala
- 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook-Off at Lake Chapala-Ajijic
- The Lake Chapala – Ajijic Couple’s Retirement Puzzle
- Turn Key Living at Lake Chapala – Ajijic
Recent Club Comments
- Johnny: Thanks Sid! I live here in the states so I will be registering …
- Sid Grosvenor: You can still get South Dakota plates, but you can not have a US plated car here as a temporary…
- Sid Grosvenor: Hi Debra, Not sure I understand your question. Please send me an e mail to Sid@ChapalaClub.com and we'll figure it…
- Debra: can you send me more information? I can't use the sign without signing in and i don't know where to…
- Bear: We're in total agreement with you, Sid, about charging something for services rendered! And your charges are reasonable, especially for…
- Kay McCowen: Ohhhh, that familiar video that changed my life for ever! Still love watching it.…
- Johnny: Is this still working ?…
- Rules & REMINDER-Keep it CIVIL& Non Personal
- Where to make 8 x 10 photo enlargements
- Canadian Non-residents
- Extremely Loud Music
- Daylight saving time
- Looking for a cleaning person in the Raquet Club
- Rain is a coming?
- ENOUGH: Mexico telecoms regulator reins in Slim and his empire...
- Minor flying to Mexico
- Hiking poles
- International Women's Day : Thanking CEDEJO
- Ajax Expel for floors
- WalMart thanks to Victor the car washer
Chapala Club Archives
Chapala Club Topics
- Living the Dream
- Real Estate
- Travel Mexico
- Club Radio
- Free Consultation with Sid