Looking at Retirement Options?
Hi friends, this is Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
When Patricia and I visited Lake Chapala, Mexico about 16 years ago we knew right away that we wanted to live here. Why ?
Lots of Friendly People, Great Weather, Relaxed Atmosphere & More
We were taken by the warmth of both the foreign community here and the hospitality and acceptance by Mexican people.
The easy going relaxed atmosphere, the year around sunny, but not hot wonderful weather, and the flowering trees and lush gardens everywhere made us feel as if we had discovered our very own Garden of Eden (without the snake).
Very Affordable Prices (Pensions Go a Long Way Here)
We looked behind the walls and discovered the absolutely gorgeous homes at reasonable prices, given the hand constructed solid as a rock building methods used, and we made up our mind this was the place for us.
The wonderful restaurants, the giving back attitude of the expatriate community, coupled with what were almost unbelievably low prices for almost anything not imported made us realize that when I retired, my police officer’s pension would go a lot farther here… and it still does.
A Healthy Lifestyle Comes Naturally Here!
The high quality fresh fruit and vegetables here in our markets, the fresh clean mountain air, and the near perfect year around weather nourish our bodies… while the sweet spirit of the people, beautiful lake and mountain vistas, and eternally blooming trees and flowers …nourish our souls.
Do You Want a Better, More Fulfilled Lifestyle?
Foreigners from all over the world have been coming to the stimulating international environment of Lake Chapala for many years. The area is well suited for retirees and their needs, like affordable health care, high-speed internet, and lots of fun activities. A recent news article stated that in the Mexican State of Jalisco (The Lake Chapala Area) almost 23,000 registered Americans, 3400 Canadians, and over 6,500 Europeans call our area home.
Are You Waiting On God ?
The “retirees” I know here (and I know a lot of them in the business I’m in) did not come here to “Wait on God” like the actors in the old British comedy show, “Waiting on God” . No, we came here to celebrate the life we have to the fullest extent possible.
Imagine Yourself Living the Good Life!
You can share in our happiness here at Lake Chapala.
You are in control of your life. Not the government, not your kids, and not discouraging friends. Join us in our willingness to reach out, to think out of the box a little, and take action to design your new life. Take action to design a new, better life here at Lake Chapala, Mexico. You can do it. We can help.
You’ve already taken the first step by reaching this website. Now, take the next step and plan a “check us out trip” today to see firsthand just what Lake Chapala is all about. Don’t delay. Our secret is getting out.
This has been Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
Your personal guide of discovery,
I’ll leave the light on for you !
Life in Mexico
Hi Everyone, I opened an account many years ago at California Commerce Bank in... More »
Chapala is the municipal seat of lakeside towns on the much of the North Shore of... More »
Chapala and Ajijic News
Hi Everyone, Here are the Requirements for Permanent Visas 1. Proof of bank account... More »
Qualifying for ExPat Visas to Mexico – Part 1 Hi, this is part 1 of 2 parts to... More »
Hi Everyone, Well it’s that time of the year again. Time for folks who love Chili... More »
Hi Everyone, In this post I want to introduce you to one of my favorite low cost,... More »
Hi Everyone, Well for most folks, at least initially, this is a no brainer. To most... More »
Travel and Fun
Hi Everyone, One of the neat things about living here in Jalisco is that we’re... More »
Hi Everyone. WOW! It’s been 8 years since ChapalaClub.com opened shop. Time... More »
“Dear Sid, We ‘re back home in Texas now and I wanted to tell you about our... More »
Chapala Area Videos
Hi Everyone, Click the link below to see a little... More »
Chapala Club Email Updates
Sign up to receive articles, tips, breaking news and updates. Be a part of our community!
Email for more information:
Latest Club Posts
- Easter Week at Lake Chapala Ajijic. Mexico
- Club, Nightlife & Restaurant Scene at Lake Chapala Ajijic
- Guanajuato to Visit -Lake Chapala Ajijic to Live
- Los Mezquites de Ajijic at Lake Chapala
- Banking Solution at Lake Chapala Ajijic, Mexico
- To Rent or Not to Rent at Lake Chapala- Ajijic
- The Importance of Dreaming of Lake Chapala – Ajijic
- A Lake Chapala Video for You
- Latest Visa Info for Lake Chapala – Ajijic: Part 2
Recent Club Comments
- stace: The author is Francis Dryden - firstname.lastname@example.org and is a weekly update he does to his email list…
- Sid Grosvenor: Hi Gary, I personally think the requirements are a bit too high for income. It would I thin have been better…
- Sid Grosvenor: The rates change daily, but lately I've received 12.5 pesos per USD. I like to see the rate stay at…
- Judith: Well done! Beautiful story and visuals. I lived in Leon in 1994 and frequently visited Guanajuato City to soak up…
- mitch: Thanks Sid good to know I also have my check deposited into my Banamex USA account …
- Juan y Juana: Sid, what is an exchange rate that you got recently? One person's definition of what a "good exchange rate" is…
- Gary I: I am far from an expert on immigration,but have been following this website for a couple of years. It appears…
- Rules & REMINDER-Keep it CIVIL& Non Personal
- Correct pronunciation?
- Privater Security Company
- Need some Euros
- FYI: Politics on TOB
- 29 Struggles Only Canadians Will Understand
- Help - new hp cartridge
- Perry's Kung Pao Chicken Special
- Wanted Cpap Machine
- "New" FM-3 Cards at the Airport
- Mom Died
- Capital One 360 ATM in Chapala, or nearest one.
- Peyote cream
Chapala Club Archives
Chapala Club Topics
- Living the Dream
- Real Estate
- Travel Mexico
- Club Radio
- Free Consultation with Sid