Looking at Retirement Options?
Hi friends, this is Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
When Patricia and I visited Lake Chapala, Mexico about 16 years ago we knew right away that we wanted to live here. Why ?
Lots of Friendly People, Great Weather, Relaxed Atmosphere & More
We were taken by the warmth of both the foreign community here and the hospitality and acceptance by Mexican people.
The easy going relaxed atmosphere, the year around sunny, but not hot wonderful weather, and the flowering trees and lush gardens everywhere made us feel as if we had discovered our very own Garden of Eden (without the snake).
Very Affordable Prices (Pensions Go a Long Way Here)
We looked behind the walls and discovered the absolutely gorgeous homes at reasonable prices, given the hand constructed solid as a rock building methods used, and we made up our mind this was the place for us.
The wonderful restaurants, the giving back attitude of the expatriate community, coupled with what were almost unbelievably low prices for almost anything not imported made us realize that when I retired, my police officer’s pension would go a lot farther here… and it still does.
A Healthy Lifestyle Comes Naturally Here!
The high quality fresh fruit and vegetables here in our markets, the fresh clean mountain air, and the near perfect year around weather nourish our bodies… while the sweet spirit of the people, beautiful lake and mountain vistas, and eternally blooming trees and flowers …nourish our souls.
Do You Want a Better, More Fulfilled Lifestyle?
Foreigners from all over the world have been coming to the stimulating international environment of Lake Chapala for many years. The area is well suited for retirees and their needs, like affordable health care, high-speed internet, and lots of fun activities. A recent news article stated that in the Mexican State of Jalisco (The Lake Chapala Area) almost 23,000 registered Americans, 3400 Canadians, and over 6,500 Europeans call our area home.
Are You Waiting On God ?
The “retirees” I know here (and I know a lot of them in the business I’m in) did not come here to “Wait on God” like the actors in the old British comedy show, “Waiting on God” . No, we came here to celebrate the life we have to the fullest extent possible.
Imagine Yourself Living the Good Life!
You can share in our happiness here at Lake Chapala.
You are in control of your life. Not the government, not your kids, and not discouraging friends. Join us in our willingness to reach out, to think out of the box a little, and take action to design your new life. Take action to design a new, better life here at Lake Chapala, Mexico. You can do it. We can help.
You’ve already taken the first step by reaching this website. Now, take the next step and plan a “check us out trip” today to see firsthand just what Lake Chapala is all about. Don’t delay. Our secret is getting out.
This has been Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
Your personal guide of discovery,
I’ll leave the light on for you !
Life in Mexico
Hi Everyone, Sid Grosvenor here with a little different post for you today. This... More »
Hi Everyone, Here’s the latest from the Kayak Club. Each year the club gets bigger... More »
Hi Everyone We have more direct sunlight here at Lake Chapala being closer to the... More »
Chapala and Ajijic News
Hi Everyone, Does the rain turn you on? Yes, it can be inconvenient at times where... More »
Hi Everyone, I try to stay up on emerging retirement havens around the world where... More »
Hi Everyone, Here are the Requirements for Permanent Visas 1. Proof of bank account... More »
Hi Everyone, I’m writing because I’m worried that you’ve fallen into... More »
Hi Everyone, A listing agent friend of mine recently listed a home I like.. and he... More »
Travel and Fun
Hi Everyone, One of the neat things about living here in Jalisco is that we’re... More »
Hi Everyone. WOW! It’s been 8 years since ChapalaClub.com opened shop. Time... More »
“Dear Sid, We ‘re back home in Texas now and I wanted to tell you about our... More »
Chapala Area Videos
Hi Everyone, Click the link below to see a little... More »
Chapala Club Email Updates
Sign up to receive articles, tips, breaking news and updates. Be a part of our community!
Email for more information:
Latest Club Posts
- What is La Ola at Lake Chapala, Mexico
- Lake Chapala – Ajijic: Freedom for Baby Boomers and Seniors Too !
- Dreams of Lake Chapala – Ajijic
- Just a Few of the Gringos who Love Lake Chapala
- Kayak Club at Lake Chapala – Ajijic Celebration
- Safety Tip for Lake Chapala – Ajijic or any Sunny Place
- Don’t Settle for Less When You Can Have Lake Chapala – Ajijic Mexico
- Acknowledge and Appreciate Yourself
- Luxury Living on a Tuna Fish Pension Sounds like a Far a Way Dream. Yet, it’s as close as Lake Chapala –Ajijic, Mexico.
Recent Club Comments
- Sid Grosvenor: Well, as can see we come in all ages, sizes and colors from all over the world. You can still…
- Sid Grosvenor: Thanks for the nice words Barbara, I sincerely appreciate them. Tu amigo, Sid…
- signalfire1: Y'know, I was starting to think that moving to Mexico would be 'too much trouble' at my age, 61. …
- Sid Grosvenor: Hi Barbara, Yes, It's sad, but true. I do not see any end in sight in my lifetime either. The…
- Майкл Миддлтон: Very nice, I can't wait to start looking around once I arrive.…
- Майкл Миддлтон: This sounds fun. I was researching kayaking at Lake Chapala when I found your youtube video, now I've happened onto…
- Barbara Parks: Sid, you do such a wonderful job of showing how great life can be in Mexico. Keep up the…
- Rules & REMINDER-Keep it CIVIL& Non Personal
- Aberto, Computer Tech
- To live or not to live-RIBEIRAS de PILAR-that is the question?
- XE Trade - Account Cancelled
- tennis racquet
- San Juan Malecón
- Quote function on this forum
- More rights for consumers in their disputes with the CFE
- from the LAKE CHAPALA REPORTER
- Sea Salt Express
- SS checks anyone accepting them?
- Internet speeds
- Dearth of light bulbs
Chapala Club Archives
Chapala Club Topics
- Living the Dream
- Real Estate
- Travel Mexico
- Club Radio
- Free Consultation with Sid