Looking at Retirement Options?
Hi friends, this is Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
When Patricia and I visited Lake Chapala, Mexico about 16 years ago we knew right away that we wanted to live here. Why ?
Lots of Friendly People, Great Weather, Relaxed Atmosphere & More
We were taken by the warmth of both the foreign community here and the hospitality and acceptance by Mexican people.
The easy going relaxed atmosphere, the year around sunny, but not hot wonderful weather, and the flowering trees and lush gardens everywhere made us feel as if we had discovered our very own Garden of Eden (without the snake).
Very Affordable Prices (Pensions Go a Long Way Here)
We looked behind the walls and discovered the absolutely gorgeous homes at reasonable prices, given the hand constructed solid as a rock building methods used, and we made up our mind this was the place for us.
The wonderful restaurants, the giving back attitude of the expatriate community, coupled with what were almost unbelievably low prices for almost anything not imported made us realize that when I retired, my police officer’s pension would go a lot farther here… and it still does.
A Healthy Lifestyle Comes Naturally Here!
The high quality fresh fruit and vegetables here in our markets, the fresh clean mountain air, and the near perfect year around weather nourish our bodies… while the sweet spirit of the people, beautiful lake and mountain vistas, and eternally blooming trees and flowers …nourish our souls.
Do You Want a Better, More Fulfilled Lifestyle?
Foreigners from all over the world have been coming to the stimulating international environment of Lake Chapala for many years. The area is well suited for retirees and their needs, like affordable health care, high-speed internet, and lots of fun activities. A recent news article stated that in the Mexican State of Jalisco (The Lake Chapala Area) almost 23,000 registered Americans, 3400 Canadians, and over 6,500 Europeans call our area home.
Are You Waiting On God ?
The “retirees” I know here (and I know a lot of them in the business I’m in) did not come here to “Wait on God” like the actors in the old British comedy show, “Waiting on God” . No, we came here to celebrate the life we have to the fullest extent possible.
Imagine Yourself Living the Good Life!
You can share in our happiness here at Lake Chapala.
You are in control of your life. Not the government, not your kids, and not discouraging friends. Join us in our willingness to reach out, to think out of the box a little, and take action to design your new life. Take action to design a new, better life here at Lake Chapala, Mexico. You can do it. We can help.
You’ve already taken the first step by reaching this website. Now, take the next step and plan a “check us out trip” today to see firsthand just what Lake Chapala is all about. Don’t delay. Our secret is getting out.
This has been Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
Your personal guide of discovery,
I’ll leave the light on for you !
Life in Mexico
Here are 5 Practical Tips for Living at Lake Chapala – Ajijic, Mexico How... More »
Need to Sell Up North before Buying at Lake Chapala? Most of us had to do it that... More »
Chapala and Ajijic News
I’ve found that the Mexican people are hard working people that are self reliant,... More »
Hi, I recently was chosen by a reporter to complete sn interview about why I chose... More »
Hi Everyone, Well, today I want to share a video from a few years ago I shot of a... More »
Hi Everyone, I love horses and this one is tied up at a beach front restaurant in... More »
Travel and Fun
“Dear Sid, We ‘re back home in Texas now and I wanted to tell you about our... More »
Let’s take an unusual video tour of Tlaquepaque filmed from a moving bicycle.... More »
This article is from the April 2000 The Mexico File newsletter. Back Issues and... More »
Chapala Area Videos
Hi Everyone, I usually share the wonderful life we... More »
Hi Everyone, Take about 3 minutes and soak in the ambiance... More »
Chapala Club Email Updates
Sign up to receive articles, tips, breaking news and updates. Be a part of our community!
Email for more information:
Latest Club Posts
- Five Tips for Newcomers to Lake Chapala – Ajijic
- Need to Sell Up North before Buying at Lake Chapala?
- Thanksgiving at Lake Chapala Ajijc with a Bang!
- A Visit to Mirasol at Lake Chapala
- Why Retiree’s Are Welcomed at Lake Chapala, Mexico
- The Ajijic Tamale Maker’s Story
- Book Praise for Caviar Lifestyle… Lake Chapala, Mexico
- Villa Nova – Ajijic, Lake Chapala, Mexico
- Elegant Ajijic Lake Chapala Home Tour
Recent Club Comments
- CeeZee: Sid, Were you a real estate agent in the US? In the US and Canada only agents who are members…
- Bear: Great information, Sid! The pricing strategy, the marketing advice, some real-life preparation examples such as you installing central a/c and…
- pvfrank .: is there a similar procedure for PA? What about Inspections when the time is due? Thank you…
- Ken Zeleny: Perhaps you should have mentioned that they are celebrating the festival of San Andres and not really Thanksgiving, they just…
- PWDKayak: Hello Sid, What is the contact email for people to contact the Kayak Club organizers? Have several new member…
- diggger: Do you have a link to the marina or yacht club? THANX…
- Willie Price: Question: If you trailer in a motorcycle on a six month visa...,will you have to trailer it back across the border…
- Rules & REMINDER-Keep it CIVIL& Non Personal
- Urgent need for frig repair
- Ground turkey!
- Looking for a treadmill for sale.
- Little Theater, Over the River and Through the Woods
- Referral for ENT doc, English speaking
- Newbie Village Girl trying to understand Mexican Culture....
- Warren Hardy
- Where to find Tomatoe and Bean Plants
- January 6 is 3 Kings Day
- sandwich tray
- Food, Fun, Music and a Good Cause
- House tours
Chapala Club Archives
Chapala Club Topics
- Living the Dream
- Real Estate
- Travel Mexico
- Club Radio
- Free Consultation with Sid