Looking at Retirement Options?
Hi friends, this is Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
When Patricia and I visited Lake Chapala, Mexico about 16 years ago we knew right away that we wanted to live here. Why ?
Lots of Friendly People, Great Weather, Relaxed Atmosphere & More
We were taken by the warmth of both the foreign community here and the hospitality and acceptance by Mexican people.
The easy going relaxed atmosphere, the year around sunny, but not hot wonderful weather, and the flowering trees and lush gardens everywhere made us feel as if we had discovered our very own Garden of Eden (without the snake).
Very Affordable Prices (Pensions Go a Long Way Here)
We looked behind the walls and discovered the absolutely gorgeous homes at reasonable prices, given the hand constructed solid as a rock building methods used, and we made up our mind this was the place for us.
The wonderful restaurants, the giving back attitude of the expatriate community, coupled with what were almost unbelievably low prices for almost anything not imported made us realize that when I retired, my police officer’s pension would go a lot farther here… and it still does.
A Healthy Lifestyle Comes Naturally Here!
The high quality fresh fruit and vegetables here in our markets, the fresh clean mountain air, and the near perfect year around weather nourish our bodies… while the sweet spirit of the people, beautiful lake and mountain vistas, and eternally blooming trees and flowers …nourish our souls.
Do You Want a Better, More Fulfilled Lifestyle?
Foreigners from all over the world have been coming to the stimulating international environment of Lake Chapala for many years. The area is well suited for retirees and their needs, like affordable health care, high-speed internet, and lots of fun activities. A recent news article stated that in the Mexican State of Jalisco (The Lake Chapala Area) almost 23,000 registered Americans, 3400 Canadians, and over 6,500 Europeans call our area home.
Are You Waiting On God ?
The “retirees” I know here (and I know a lot of them in the business I’m in) did not come here to “Wait on God” like the actors in the old British comedy show, “Waiting on God” . No, we came here to celebrate the life we have to the fullest extent possible.
Imagine Yourself Living the Good Life!
You can share in our happiness here at Lake Chapala.
You are in control of your life. Not the government, not your kids, and not discouraging friends. Join us in our willingness to reach out, to think out of the box a little, and take action to design your new life. Take action to design a new, better life here at Lake Chapala, Mexico. You can do it. We can help.
You’ve already taken the first step by reaching this website. Now, take the next step and plan a “check us out trip” today to see firsthand just what Lake Chapala is all about. Don’t delay. Our secret is getting out.
This has been Sid Grosvenor for Lake Chapala, Mexico.
Your personal guide of discovery,
I’ll leave the light on for you !
Life in Mexico
Hi, Most folks don’t know it, but the state of Jalisco does have a Dept. of Health.... More »
Here’s a great price comparison chart from my friend George who has a great... More »
Chapala and Ajijic News
Semana Santa or Holy Week began this year on Palm Sunday, April 24, 2013 and Easter... More »
Please click the buttons above to hear a message from Sid I recently got an e mail... More »
Hi Everyone, I suspect that many of you either subscribe to or at least read "International... More »
Travel and Fun
How Do You Think About Mexico? When some people hear the word Mexico they think... More »
Lately I’ve been asked about driving to Lake Chapala from the The Texas... More »
Hi Everyone, Most every hotel or bed and breakfast guest house I’ve... More »
Chapala Area Videos
Chapala Club Email Updates
Sign up to receive articles, tips, breaking news and updates. Be a part of our community!
Email for more information:
Latest Club Posts
- Why Take Chances with Your Stomach at Lake Chapala, Mexico
- Are You Stuck in a Rut, Wondering “How Can I Ever Retire?”
- Free Electricty at Lake Chapala?
- What Did Your Kids Say.. When you Mentioned Lake Chapala?
- Let’s Take a Walk In Downtown Chapala
- A Love Story at Lake Chapala
- 5 Things You Must Know BEFORE You Drive to Lale Chapala
- Comparing Prices in Mexico to the USA
- Show Me The Green! So, he did.
Recent Club Comments
- SidGrosvenor: Please approve, Thanks, Sid Grosvenor Learn all about Lake Chapala Retirement ! Watch for My New Book All About Living, Working, and Playing at…
- JackB: Please also post your message on the blog, at http://www.chapala.com/webboard/ on the "ajjic/chapala/guadalajara" forum.…
- Sid Grosvenor: Hi Vicki, Well you can qualify with as little as $1500 USD a month I think. We're all still learning…
- Viki: Sadly, with the new financial requirements, many will not be able to take advantage of Mexico's budget-friendly lifestyle. Now,…
- Tanga: Hi Sid, I feel like you are speaking directly to me, still trying to find a place so I can go…
- Sid Grosvenor: Hi Mariposa, Yes, I agree, If I had edited it I would have slowed the pace of the frames down…
- Sid Grosvenor: Hi Fred, Thanks. I'm always looking through YouTube for videos of interest to our club, Sid…
- Telmex Internet: Download Slowdown
- Koblenz vac bags?
- Found a German Shepard in Upper Ajijic
- Cooler, pots/pans and Kitchenaide mixer for sale
- Pueblo Magico designation
- Centro de la Cultura Gastronómica
- Lost Dog, please Help to find her
- Brand new cast iron pot and rechargeable flashlight for sale
- La barca and Ocatlan
- And the beat goes on
- Where to buy gravel
- water pump update
- Laptop For Sale
Chapala Club Archives
Chapala Club Topics
- Living the Dream
- Real Estate
- Travel Mexico
- Club Radio
- Free Consultation with Sid